The name "recursewithless.net" is a play on some of my interests in:
- mathematics and logic
- languages and language
- computing and programming
It is also:
- a metaphor for postdoctoral existence
- a backronym for my initials.
- hierarchical namespace: a document is a tree of named nodes, like a filesystem
- local position: you are always "at" some node in the tree, and can focus on the local scenery there
- command language: you change position and take other actions by issuing commands to the shell
If you've ever used a Unix or DOS shell, or a text-based adventure game, this should feel familiar. Send me a note with the mail command to suggest improvements!
If this is your first time using such an interface, try the toc command to see the table of contents. To see more commands, use the help command. To run a command, press Enter.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.